When we replaced our ceiling fan blades last year or the year before, I decided to keep the actual blades for a possible craft project.
Last Christmas that project presented itself!
I decided to make some ceiling fan blade chalkboards for everyone.
Well, it didn’t happen last year. I got the decorative parts done no problem. The problem was the chalkboard paint. We tried a spray version of it. It seemed to go on just fine but when it dried, it bubbled in places.
It was so close to Christmas and as usual I had way too many projects on the go, that we just left them.
I had completely forgotten about them until this past weekend when I happened to go to the storage unit with Chris. There they were, sitting on a workbench.
I decided to bring them home, sand them and try repainting them with a brush on chalkboard paint I already had.
Here is a picture of them part way through my attempt at saving them.
And this is them after I redid the chalkboard paint.
Once they were fully dried, I tied some twine on for hanging and another piece to hold a piece of chalk!
Finally I can gift them!