It is nice to have different quick breads in the “rotation” to choose from when making treats for Chris and Dillon’s lunches for work. While banana bread will always be the number one go to for quick breads in their opinion, this one comes in a close second. It is full of delicious applesauce, oatmeal and cinnamon, to name a few ingredients, and is very quick and easy to prepare!
It disappeared so quickly I didn’t even get a chance to take a better picture lol!
Here are the ingredients I use to make this quick bread.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I mix together the sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
I add the remaining ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and oatmeal, and mix until blended.
I divide the mixture between the two parchment paper lined loaf pans and sprinkle a little bit of the oatmeal on top… just because it looks good when baked lol!
I bake the loaves at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until fully cooked, nicely browned and a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
I allow the loaves to fully cool before slicing them and adding them to the lunch boxes!
Applesauce Oatmeal Quick Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pans with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and apple sauce.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and oatmeal and mix until just blended.
- Divide mixture between the two loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Allow to fully cool before slicing.