This might not be a seasonal recipe but I think the Instapot is a great idea for cooking in the summer because you still get a hot homemade meal without heating up the whole kitchen!
Here are my ingredients for making this recipe.
I put my Instapot to the Saute function, added a little bit of olive oil and browned both sides of the chicken breasts.
I removed the chicken breasts to a plate and added the broth, stirring to scrape up the cooked stuff on the bottom.
I added the sun dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, crushed chili pepper and minced garlic, stirring to combine.
I put the chicken breasts back in and ladled some of the broth mixture over the tops of them.
I switched the Instapot to Pressure Cook for 8 minutes and did a quick release.
I removed the chicken breasts from the Instapot and placed them in the oven (set to about 300) until the sauce was done.
I switched the Instapot back to Saute added the grate cheese and cream to the pot whisking to combine. Allow to cook a few minutes to heat through.
I spooned the sauce over the chicken breasts to serve and served it with some pasta and veggies!
Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce – In the Instapot
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn Instapot on to the Saute function.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the bowl and brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken to plate, set aside.
- Add broth, sun dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper and mince garlic to bowl of Instapot, stirring to remove all the bits from the bottom of the bowl.
- Return chicken to Instapot and switch it to Pressure Cook function.
- Allow chicken to cook for 8 minutes and then do a quick release of the built up steam.
- Remove chicken breasts to a 300 degree oven to keep them warm.
- Add grated cheese and cream to bowl and stir to combine.
- Allow sauce to thicken on the saute function,
- Remove chicken to plates and then pour sauce over tops of them.
- Serve with your favourite side and veggies.