What a weekend!!! Saturday I decided to clean and sort the storage under our basement stairs. While it was a nice trip down memory lane, it was also a big crazy mess. Thankfully Dillon was at home (part of the reason I decided to do it on a Saturday lol), so I could use his muscles to deal with the heavy stuff for me! It took all day Saturday and by that night and most of Sunday I could barely move lol. Guess it’s all part of the growing old thing. While I did accomplish what I set out to do, dinners on both days were more rush jobs than actual planning!
Saturday we settled for jarred pasta sauce with meatballs and pasta. On Sunday I at least had the foresight to take some ground beef out of the freezer and was able to make this delicious Brown Sugar Glazed Meatloaf that I served with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans!
Here are the ingredients I used to make the meatloaf! NOTE: There are 2 eggs in my picture because I doubled the recipe to make another Freezer Meal!
I put everything in a large bowl except for the second amounts of ketchup and brown sugar and mixed until it was thoroughly combined.
I shaped it into a loaf and placed it in my large loaf pan.
I baked it like this at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, removed it from the oven and drained any grease.
In a small bowl I whisked together the second amounts of ketchup and brown sugar…
And spread it all over the top of the meatloaf… before returning it to the oven for another 10 minutes at 375 degrees and then on low broil for 10 minutes until it was done.
I let it stand for 5 minutes and then cut it into nice thick slices for dinner!
Brown Sugar Glazed Meatloaf
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 60 minutes Servings: 4 – 6
- 1 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except for second amounts of ketchup and brown sugar until very well combined.
- Shape mixture into loaf and place in loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain any grease.
- In small bowl, combine second amounts of ketchup and brown sugar.
- Spread mixture over meatloaf and return to oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Turn oven to low broil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.