I don’t know about you, but I love the combination of lemon and cranberry. The tartness of the flavours together are delicious. I had some fresh cranberries and thought this would be a perfect way to use them… these are a favourite of everyone in this house!
(The muffins didn’t rise as much as usual… maybe I need to replace my baking powder… but they more than make up for it in taste!)
These are the ingredients I used to make the muffins.
To begin, I zested the lemon and then squeezed the juice from the lemon into the milk and let it sit until it started to thicken.
I beat the eggs in the bowl of my stand mixer and then added the oil and the lemon juice/milk mixture and mixed well.
When it was thoroughly mixed, I added the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest to the bowl.
I mixed it until it was just blended, removed the bowl from the stand mixer and added the cranberries and mixed them in by hand.
I spooned the muffin batter into my prepared muffin tin.
And baked them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until browned and cooked through, before moving them to a plate to cool.
When they were cool enough to touch I had to do a taste test. There is just enough of the lemon and cranberry to make for a very delicious muffin!
Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Zest lemon and squeeze juice into milk. Let milk stand until it starts to thicken.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat eggs.
- Add lemon juice/milk and oil to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Mix until just combined.
- Add cranberries and fold in by hand.
- Scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove muffins from tin and allow to cool on plate.