Chris loves rice, Dillon hates it lol. I decided to make some rice for Chris last night for dinner but I wanted to do something different than what I would usually make.
I knew I still had some leftover zucchini from the lasagna and I had some tomato and onion. From that I knew what I was going to make. And cooking it in the microwave made it a 15 minute side dish, including chopping the veggies!
I hope you enjoy!
I used the following ingredients to make my Quick & Easy rice dish.
I put the broth, instant rice, water, soya sauce, basil and diced zucchini in a microwave safe bowl.
I microwaved it on high for about 6 minutes until the rice was nice and fluffy and the zucchini had softened a bit, stirring half way through.
I added the parmesan, tomatoes and onions and microwaved it for an additional 2 minutes.
And here is my Quick & Easy Rice & Veggies side dish!
Quick & Easy Rice & Veggies Side Dish
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 8 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 cups Instant Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Basil
- 1 cup diced Zucchini
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Green onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add rice, broth, water, soya sauce, zucchini and basil.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring half way through.
- After the 6 minutes, add the diced tomatoes, parmesan and chopped onion and mix well.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.