My “boys” love those frozen shredded potatoes. Whether it be in “Crack Potatoes,” just fried up with butter and lots of garlic or now, in these Easy Baked Hash Browns. There is just something about the way they get all nice and crispy and brown and delicious lol.
This is another quick and easy recipe. I made mine ahead of the meal because I wanted to see if they would crisp back up reheating them. They turned out just great. Now I plan on making a batch or two to freeze for Sunday morning breakfasts, but they WERE great with dinner last night as well!
Here are the ingredients I started with. (And just so you know, I am an “Oh this might taste good in that” sort of cook lol, so I have a habit of adding something different along the way. The only thing I thought about after is that next time I might try sprinkling a bit of parmesan and paprika on top of these.)
Like said above, this is a very simple recipe. All you really need to do is to place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix it until it is well combined!
Now you take a scoop (I used a soup spoon, and made each patty using about 3 spoonful’s), then just shape into patties and place them on your prepared pan. You can make them round, square, rectangular, however you want them. I went with round for this batch.
I baked them at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. If you are going to eat them straight away, cook them for 30 minutes.
I only cooked them for 20 minutes because I wanted to “crisp” them up just before serving and the 10 minutes seemed to work perfect!
Nice crispy on the outside, warm and cheesy on the inside hash browns. We will definitely be having these with Sunday breakfast many, many times in future lol!
I hope you try and enjoy these!
Easy Baked Hash Browns
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 Bag Frozen Reiser Shredded Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Old Cheddar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine, melted
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and generously grease foil.
- Place shredded potatoes, grated cheese, eggs, margarine and remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, making sure shredded potatoes are well coated in egg and spices.
- Shape patties by hand into flattened circles, about 3/4 inch tall.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. (If you are making ahead, cook for 20 minutes, cook the additional 10 minutes just prior to serving)
- Serve with breakfast, (or dinner), with ketchup, Sour cream etc.